THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
And I've stayed true to that. Cooking for three days to watch the out of Towner's to show up stuffed from large breakfasts, Taco Villa cause they live where The Villa doesn't. My 90 year old mom played the guilt card. "Quote"--Rudy's is really good but would you please cook a brisket -ham and make that cornbread you make? Before I could even answer she said, them others ain't coming. Blew coffee out the nose. Them Others, wished I hadn't already sent out Christmas Cards as I Know how they'd be addressed.

Smoking Christmas Day Meats for Mom

Smoking a brisket
Twice smoking a ham
German Sausage

What's everyone cooking for Christmas?? Looks as if I'm back in the game.

Last edited:
Christmas Eve, as it is most years, is hosted by my wife and me. In past years I've done appetizers, Mexican, Italian, Roasts, Chinese, BBQ, etc. Whatever theme we decide on and how creative we want to get. Along with how many grills do I need, what needs to be cooked in the oven or on the stove, etc. all factor into the decision. Many years it turns into controlled chaos but we enjoy it. My wife wants me to slow down and not be running in and out to the grills.

This year we're doing Breakfast: Pancakes, French toast, Egg omelets, home fries, sausage, bacon, etc. The Blackstone will be called into duty, many items can be prepped the day before, then warmed in the oven Christmas Eve.

The family seems fine with this, it was done in past years when we didn't host.

I wouldn't attempt this without the Blackstone. :mrgreen:

Our church does four Christmas Eve services so making chili for the staff that will be working then.

My daughter got some really good tamales so guessing tamales and chili Christmas Day.

Chili - The official State Dish of Texas since 1977. Amen

Just us and my folks on Christmas day.
Prime rib, shrimp Cocktail, twice baked potatoes, Arugula and spinach salad, a veg, and chocolate pie for dessert.

On the 26th, with the stepson's family, a fish fry.
I'm making crab stuffed mushrooms and moinks.

Just my wife, a friend, and myself on Christmas day. I made the maple bourbon turkey (per Meat Church video) for Thanksgiving, and it was a hit with everyone, so I'll do that cook again. My wife will make her signature mashed potatoes, along with any other side dishes. Will be low key this year.

Luckily our family does not have any of "Them Others". But DIL is a very finicky eater and one nephew has food allergies that we have to tip toe around a little. The rest seem to love the food, eat a lot and take home the majority of the left overs.

This year we are having Waygu brisket and St. Louis ribs, fried potatoes, brown beans, collard greens, skillet cream cheese corn, green bean casserole, rice casserole, and Rhodes brand Texas Rolls. Trying to get wife to cook some cornbread to go with the beans and greens but she is pushing back saying we have enough. I also want to slip a ham in there but the resistance is strong. Should have 12-16 folks depending on Covid, which seems to have infected niece's husband.

I'm doing 13 hams on Saturday (Christmas Eve) for family and friends. Having dinner at my nieces that night and then dinner at MIL's Christmas day. Cold front and storm coming in Friday and Saturday's temp is showing as a high of 6 :shock:! Doing the hams on the stick burner is going to be interesting!

Back