THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WilliamKY

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
William
My Weber 26" kettle. I bought it in 2007. It's sat in my driveway uncovered for 17yrs. It's been used thousands of times. Probably 15 times this month. Just used her on Sunday. I was reluctant considering my adult children weren't even in school when I bought this grill. If it didn't sell today I was going to keep it. An older veteran contacted me and that's all it took. Happy trails to the most indestructible grill I've owned so far. With it's bent handle and chip in the lid it truly laughed at the seasons. (I have a new friend on the way so stay tuned). IMG_20240521_155103566.jpg

I think it served you well, and it sounds like itā€™s going to a good family. Now, what are you replacing it with? šŸ¤©

My performer is a 2010 or 2011, I don't have the heat shield on the handle, the earliest I can find is a 2015, is this a add on or factory?

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone know where I can get a replacement black "thing-uh-muh-jiggy" that goes on the rod that keeps the wheel from sliding off on my Weber grill? I cannot find them anywhere. I looked on Weber website and those little things aren't apart of the replacement parts.

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone know where I can get a replacement black "thing-uh-muh-jiggy" that goes on the rod that keeps the wheel from sliding off on my Weber grill? I cannot find them anywhere. I looked on Weber website and those little things aren't apart of the replacement parts.
If it's just a retaining washer that slides onto an axle, then it's a standard hardware store item. Got a pic?

If it's just a retaining washer that slides onto an axle, then it's a standard hardware store item. Got a pic?

That's it. I'm at work so no I don't have a pic with me. But I guess I need to go to a hardware store because I've looked at Lowes and Home Depot and they do not carry them. Thanks!

That's it. I'm at work so no I don't have a pic with me. But I guess I need to go to a hardware store because I've looked at Lowes and Home Depot and they do not carry them. Thanks!
Sure they do. Look up "push nuts" or "axle hat nuts".

To get the thread back on track, I've had my Weber Kettle for 11 years going strong! Keep her under a cover and have replaced the cooking grates several times because I've cooked so much on it. She's my favorite girlfriend of ALL TIME!!! šŸ˜

Back