THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
IMF
There is this Throwdown going on “I Have Never Cooked That”
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209391

I have never cooked Mac N Cheese other than the boxed Kraft stuff and wanted to make a real Mac N Cheese. So I made a 7 Cheese Mac N Cheese!

Sorry for the Crappy Cell Phone Pics - I did not realize the lense was dirty until it was all over?

Here are the Players – Almost All of them!

View attachment 111051

Here is 5 of the Cheeses all shredded and mixed up. Smoked Mozzarella, Smoked White Cheddar, Smoked Pepper Jack, Muenster, and Swiss. I shredded almost twice as much as needed so I put it in a large bowl and mixed well. More of the tasty blend for later!

View attachment 111052

Here is the sauce blend. Three eggs, 1 cup whole Milk, 1 cup Half & Half, 1 cup Cream Cheese (6th cheese), salt, Pepper, Garlic, onion powder, Butter, and HDD!

View attachment 111053

Add 5+ cups of the five cheese blend!

View attachment 111054

Mix well – Then add the 2 cups of elbow Macaroni to the mix

View attachment 111055

Here is the ingredient that was not pictured – Scallop meat!

View attachment 111056

Added the Scallops to the Party – One pound!

View attachment 111057

In the pans almost ready for the GMG

View attachment 111058

Top with a blend of Panko and fine grated Provolone (7th Cheese)

View attachment 111059

On the GMG at 325°

View attachment 111060

Coming along!

View attachment 111061

Done!

View attachment 111062

Plated – simple and good

View attachment 111063

Just another view

View attachment 111064

And another

View attachment 111065

This was Very Good. I learned a lot doing this and have some ideas to make it better next time.

View attachment 111066

There was a nice crunch to the topping, it had a nice Smokey, Savory Flavor and the Scallops added a level of Goodness about every other bite.
I have had Lobster Mac N Cheese Before but I think I like the Scallops better. The many cheeses and three of them being smoked cheese gave this a flavor I have never had before – I like it!

Thanks for Lookin
SD

Last edited:
Killing me here, man! Mac N Cheese is one of my favorite sides ever. I'm thinking about getting a GMG (the portable one) in about a week or so. You digging yours?

We have had ours for about six years and use it alot! Have other grills but this one gets used alot

Smoked cheese from 11/13? Does it last that long if vacuum sealed?

Cheese only gets better with age - You pay a premium price for 5 year, 10 year , 20 year cheese.

Just like Burbon!

Keep it sealed up so it gets no oxygen - Thats why they seal cheese in wax!

Thanks All - My Smoked cheese supply took a hit but it was worth it!

Back