THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dive are you doing the contest alone as well??? Man good luck if you are. All of the critics and praises are right on. I looked at the chicken and said he** yah I would hit that, and for me, chicken is my least favorite to judge.

I learned, something just reading this thread. At first look, I think that all looks great, then after reading thru and looking again I was amazed how well the advice came out.

With my total lack of experience in this area, could I suggest as mentioned already, a splash of color, a couple cherry tomatoes and/or some red or yellow pepper slices?

Do Styrofoam cartons come in any other color than white? If so and allowed it would seem to enhance the overall appearance.

I learned, something just reading this thread. At first look, I think that all looks great, then after reading thru and looking again I was amazed how well the advice came out.

With my total lack of experience in this area, could I suggest as mentioned already, a splash of color, a couple cherry tomatoes and/or some red or yellow pepper slices?

Do Styrofoam cartons come in any other color than white? If so and allowed it would seem to enhance the overall appearance.

Check out kcbs.us. The rules are available. Your suggestions would result in a DQ:-D

Check out kcbs.us. The rules are available. Your suggestions would result in a DQ:-D

Noted...:-D Thanks!

I also have learned from this thread I need to not offer advice without proper knowledge.

From the KCBS 2008 Rules and Regulations;

9. Garnish is optional. If used, it is limited to chopped, sliced,
shredded or whole leaves of fresh green lettuce, curly parsley,
flat leaf parsley and/or cilantro. Kale, endive, red tipped
lettuce, lettuce cores and other vegetation are prohibited.
(Improper garnish shall receive a score of one (1) on
Appearance)

Originally Posted by Divemaster
Actually I'm lying... I posted the boxes in hopes that Ford would get over confidant for the comp this weekend....

Umm....from what I've learned of Ford from here on the site (I've never met him, but hope to some day) I don't think you would effect his confidence at all.....:wink:

Seeing Pork Smoker's post of the garnish rules reminds me of a story.....

A team doing their 1st contest asks for help with their presentations.....I say no problem....let's get your greens ready.......:shock:.....they'd brought red tipped lettuce! I give them what extra I can, but it's not enough to do all 4 boxes.....we get a pair of scissors out and trim their lettuce, there wasn't much else that could be done.....and they pulled it off!

Dive are you doing the contest alone as well??? Man good luck if you are. All of the critics and praises are right on. I looked at the chicken and said he** yah I would hit that, and for me, chicken is my least favorite to judge.

The good news is that I have 3 guys helping. The bad news is none of them have EVER cooked on a smoker before... The way I figure it, I'm cooking by myself, with company... You guys don't know how much I value your comments!

Back