THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GrillsGoneWild

is one Smokin' Farker
I was at RD today to pick up some brisket and butts for our family reunion on Easter. Right next to the prok butts was the sign below......I wish I had another freezer to buy a bunch of packages. I only picked up one 3 pack. :cry:

2013-03-15_12-45-33_34.jpg

Nice find. Wonder if they have that same price up here?

My wife called me from the store one day and said "spare ribs are $.99/lb, should a get a few?" Of course, I said yes.......came home to 89 lbs of ribs. LOL

Just looking at my RD flyer, "Light & Medium" spares, $1.59/lb-cs.
Their prices are really never the best if you shop around but have never been disappointed with the product. I am usually there for many other things anyway..
My .02

Nice score. Local store here has a 1 day sale this sun. bone in shoulder $0.99 lb
Wife asked "how many should I get?" reply "how much extra $$ we have this month?"
Ya I have a big deep freeze:grin:

Yes, "light" means they are actually lighter racks of ribs. It would not necessary mean that there is less meat, you could have smaller bones, but more then likely less meaty. I like mediums, which is the most typical you see in a store, otherwise you might see them labeled "meaty" that is a thick heavy rack of ribs.

Usually they have them light or heavy at RD, but their light ones look to be "normal". The total weight on the 3 pack was 13.76 lb, so that would make each rack 4.58lb. Seems okay to me.

I believe it's three packs, or a dozen slabs.

Want to hear something strange, though? I was up there last week and picked up a case, thinking it was the full spares, since they were on sale. Well, later I realized I somehow picked a case of St Louie's instead, and they were NOT on sale. It was on the case, and the receipt showed I paid for trimmed. Well, that would've been ok since it was my mistake....but these IBP spares weren't trimmed!

Back