I must really love my kids

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeffry
My daughter loves beef snack sticks and both my boys love summer sausage. We were buying the summer sausage for a while, but it’s so expensive. I knew I had 2 weeks off of work coming up, so I asked the wife if she wanted me to make snack sticks and sausage for the kids. I spent all day and night yesterday making these. 5 lbs of each from chuck. Came out amazing, although I need a better way to get the smoker to a lower temperature for the snack sticks. Thinking about a dehydrator. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 90A6FA88-30A5-486A-AC6F-B3D050897586.jpg
    90A6FA88-30A5-486A-AC6F-B3D050897586.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 215
Fan-damn-tastic! I was pondering making summer sausage soon too. Thanks for sharing!

I must love friends and relatives just as much as you love your kids........

But, i'm glad your feeding your kids.

That looks as good as any store-bought product I've seen and has to be much more tasty.

Looks fantastic! We do this every year with our venison, and it turns out wonderful. I just bought a Camp Chef XXL pellet pooper for cooking the stuff. I figure I'll be able to hold the temps better than with my stick burner.

Looks fantastic! We do this every year with our venison, and it turns out wonderful. I just bought a Camp Chef XXL pellet pooper for cooking the stuff. I figure I'll be able to hold the temps better than with my stick burner.

Thanks! My Breville toaster oven does great for the summer sausages, but the snack sticks are too many for it to handle. I was looking for something to get down to 130 to dry the casings before cooking.

As far as food dehydrators go, look at some of the small
convection ovens that do a lot more than just dehydrate.
I really like the one I have.

picture.php

I already have a Breville convection oven, and love it. It’s just not big enough for 5 lbs of snack sticks. Need more capacity…

Back