I Miss You, 🍺

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I’ve thinned the herd dramatically over last 12-18 months. Of all the cookers I’ve jettisoned, I really missed my home made Tamale Pot WSM And Barrel cookers. . So Ive been patiently waiting for a bargain, losing hope on ever getting an embarrassing great deal on the OK Joe Bronco. Last night this scrolls across the web. 1986 NIB. Aluminized Steel concerned me but research shows it’s very safe up to 480* and don’t scratch it off into your food. That’s true with a lot of things.
$20

Last edited:
Nice. The Old Smokey website has what looks to be a pretty good rib recipe that I want to try someday. Just haven't had time to fire up the microwave.

https://www.oldsmokey.com/blogs/charcoal-grill-recipes-1/10546601-garlic-pepper-teriyaki-ribs

2/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste and Glaze
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 slabs pork back ribs, each about 2 pounds

Combine the first 4 ingredients. Cut each slab in half and brush thoroughly with sauce mixture. Place 2 halves, meaty side up, in 13 by 9 inch microwave safe baking dish. Cover, microwave on medium-high (70 percent power) 18 minutes, turning ribs over and rotating dish every 3 minutes. Remove ribs, keep warm. Repeat microwave cooking procedure with remaining ribs. Grill ribs over medium-hot coals 10 to 12 minutes, turning over and brushing frequents with remaining sauce mixture.

I've owned a few Old Smokies and did a lot of good grilling on them, as did my dad. I loved throwing chicken, pork steaks, and sausage on one of those.

Inaugural cook. Make it memorable. Clapton And Winwood on Spotify. Smoked salsa with a three wood blend of pecan oak and mesquite. Salsa for ribeye tacos. Beer is Shiner. Remaining coals will produce two Nekkid Fattys. Amen

Last edited:
Yes!!!! I'm an Old Smokey man for life. Nice score!

dMzhR5bh.jpg

New cooker Baptism complete. Green Chile, smoked salsa, ribeyes with purple garlic, Fattys and a Scotch.
Memorable

I havew seen these old smokey down here, just a Grill are they?

3 different sizes. This one is 18”. Nice size for a continuous cook or a meal for 4-6. I used one chimney of briquettes on top of oak- Pecan chunks and mesquite chips. Super lightweight. But strong enough. $20 an some beer didn’t think I could go to wrong

Last edited:
3 different sizes. This one is 18”. Nice size for a continuous cook or a meal for 4-6. I used one chimney of briquettes on top of oak- Pecan chunks and mesquite chips. Super lightweight. But strong enough. $20 an some beer didn’t think I could go to wrong

Heck of a deal. I just bought an 18" for my father-in-law and paid $60 at Academy.

Back