THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris

Found some matches.
the other night with a nice rub with a sweet sauce. I copied the dry rub from Guy Ferrari. Cumin, Cayenne, Garlic Salt, black pepper, and dry mustard. It didn't really bring out any extra flavor, just added some heat.

SO whats your go to dry rub?

Welocme!

I use toy master's rub, mentioned above, plus some cayenne.

1.5 units S
2 units Pe
2 units O
2 units G
2 units Pa
1.5 units Cay

Have fun!

I just used a dry rub that I got from bad beast bbq on YouTube. Originally posted by Rachel Rae!

Without a doubt will be my go to wing rub.
d2d533c7c374ea788ead40b9178576ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My favorite for amazing flavor plus a little heat is Oak Ridge Habanero Death Dust. If you go easy on it the stuff is not as hot as it sounds but the flavor is knock your socks off good. If you want savory without any heat then Plowboys Yardbird is very hard to beat.

It's OK, I'm not important

Nonsense. All the Brethren are important. You are part of this...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BBQ-Brethren: Our Charter[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• To promote the art of low and slow thru education, friendships, and camaraderie[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].• To assist our members to produce the best BBQ they ever made, and thru this food, comes our ability to educate the public, our friends, our family, to what is REAL BBQ.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• To build the best knowledge base on the internet for BBQ. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• To maintain an open mind that there is NO ONE WAY, and No perfect cooker. We live by the fact that it is the cook not the cooker, its the passion not the steel, that produces great BBQ. We support and respect all techniques and all pits. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• To encourage those that have even the slightest interest or curiosity in Competition BBQ to get out there and compete. Our new and our veteran competitors are here to help you take that walk to the podium.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Most important, To have FUN. To enjoy our craft, to enjoy our friendships and to build on the passion that lets us go to bed smelling like smoke and wake up with soot on our pillows.[/FONT]​

I make wings every weekend and enjoy experimenting with them. I'll basically use whatever I've got a lot of and add kick if needed. Salt Lick, while not my favorite spot for BBQ (but a fun spot to go to esp. if you like lovely TX gals), has a great garlic rub that has a good kick.

HDD is a great way to kick up the heat. I also like to use BPS jalapeno salt or their bacon jalapeno rub is good too. Lately I've been using Naturrific Hot Salt as a dry brine for wings with great results.

Sometimes I'll marinate 'em in Frank's, or All Spice Cafe cayenne habanero sauce and use hot salt or a rub as a finisher.

Basically my one constant is I cook 'em really hot - no less than 300 and usually higher than that. Sometimes I go indirect, sometimes I go direct. I love wings!

the other night with a nice rub with a sweet sauce. I copied the dry rub from Guy Ferrari. Cumin, Cayenne, Garlic Salt, black pepper, and dry mustard. It didn't really bring out any extra flavor, just added some heat.

SO whats your go to dry rub?

Thats strange, that mix shouldve driven your wings on a bus to flavortown

If I'm using sauce on the wings, I typically just season with salt and pepper before cooking. If dry I like Penzey's Jamaican Jerk, Plowboy's Yardbird or some of the different Oakridge seasonings.

Back