THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

qnbiker

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Lew
A neighbor did me a favor a while back so I told him we would have his wife and him over for dinner. Got up early Saturday and had coffee with my wife. Put the brisket on about 8:30, cleaned up the prep mess, and did some chores. My wife went to the store for the stuff to make her mac & cheese and coleslaw. When she got back, we cleaned the house. Had a small lunch since we knew we were going to pig out for dinner. After lunch, I made my homemade sauce. Wrapped the brisket around 1:00, off the smoker around 3:00. Separated the point & flat, foil/towels/cooler for the flat, chopped up the point and put back on the smoker for burnt ends. Watched the GA/FL game while my wife made the mac & cheese and coleslaw.

Our guests came over at 6:30 and we had drinks and conversation. At 7:00, I sliced the brisket. Everything we served was homemade: the rub, the sauce, the mac & cheese, and the coleslaw (OK, we didn't make the Sunbeam Bread). They loved it. My friend's wife asked me if she could pay me to make the exact meal for her next party, and asked my wife for her recipes.

My friend kept saying that I shouldn't have done all this. He didn't understand that them coming over was just an excuse to do what I love. Great day with my wife. She has really begun to enjoy doing this with me. I love cooking Q and love watching people enjoy it. It was a GREAT day. My wife has a friend who is rehabbing from surgery and she (my wife) is taking over leftover brisket and making fresh mac & cheese and coleslaw. She loves this stuff too.

Great story about spending time with your wife. I love it that my wife is getting a little more involved too. She handles the sides and I handle the "outside". :-D

Back