THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
ASydVij.jpg

I started with a BIG bone-in butt, but it didn't stay that way for long. I separated the money end, the horn muscle group around the blade bone, and the strip of muscle hidden in the fat cap that covers the tubes. I cubed the rest for other uses. Total time for this method, cooking and resting was 8 hours. It's a great way to have a wonderful pulled pork meal plus.... I get a few pounds meat to grind for sausage or use in chili or stew.

nYAEjae.jpg

I set up the Smokey Joe for the snake method, and used it to cook the money muscle. For insulation, I set the money muscle on the meat side of that fat cap muscle. The pit temp stayed about 260°. At 3 hours it was ready to wrap, and 2 hours later it went into the hot box.

zIUbbii.jpg

Xgd1qyC.jpg

Q7tlgHQ.jpg

Meanwhile.... my Small Egg, set-up for an indirect cook, was smoking the horn. The cook time to 155° was also 3 hours, but it took about 3.5 hours wrapped to be tender enough to pull some plugs.

rLs6rdV.jpg

Getting ready for the skillet I sliced the money end, scraped and pulled the fat cap muscle, and pulled a few plugs.

sOPZFMR.jpg

c6cOOpF.jpg

The hash has pulled pork, onions, red and orange peppers added to the potatoes. The money slices were not sauced since I planned to dip them in yolk. The griddle is a 10" Wagner that has a wire bail instead of a handle.

16YJv0Z.jpg

Last edited:
Great job on the cook, that plate with the biscuits and eggs looks amazing.

Back