THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sure, i need to find it first. Be right back,

I,m back
This is so simple and tasty it should be against the law.
Charcoal makes it shine

Subject: CEVAPI (Michaels recipe)

Ingredients

1 Kg Pork Mince
250g Beef Mince
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
2tsp Pepper (finely ground)
2tsp Salt
2tsp Fresh Garlic (minced)
1tbsp Onion (minced)
100-150ml mineral water

Method
Combine above ingredients using dough hook on mixer or thoroughly by hand. Refrigerate overnight in airtight container to absorb all the flavours. Roll meat into sausage shape the thickness of thin bbq sausages Cut into 6-7cm pieces Bbq or fry using hotplate or fry pan.
Note: if unsure of seasoning can fry a little raw meat to taste and adjust as needed before refrigerating. Mineral water content will depend on quality of meat so add gradually so that you have a soft pliable consistency, but not too watery.

There you have it, the spring water and soda make this amost springy

Thanks so much. I'm guessing the mineral water should be icy cold, as that's common with all sausage formulations. And looking at the pork-to-beef ratio (25% beef)... that is about my favorite when I make sausage that calls for both as usually an all beef sausage is too dry for my tastes. I'm still at odds about the flavor on the skewered ones I cooked as these ingredients are common in many sausage recipes, but maybe being casing-less is a factor. And I'm sure cooking over live fire verses frying is a factor. Right now all my sausages are stuffed with the exception of Italian, Iowa Farm and chorizo. A friend makes a German sausage from a family recipe and I get a mix of bulk and linked from him each year.

Cevapi!!!

For the SoCal Brethren, there is a place in San Pedro that sells it raw (theirs is a pork, beef lamb, parsley garlic mix), but pre-scored. You take an oiled SS dough knife to separate them into links, hand roll them into shape.

We grill them at work, but we have always thought about smkoing them. Thank you for confirming that it would work!

My wife is a Bosnian transplant and her family has made Cevapi many times. I like it best with some grilled onions on some flatbread similar to a gyro with a bucket of sour cream to go with it! Typically her dad makes it with a ground beef/lamb/pork mix.

Back