I Got an A$$hole Neighbor

I am SO glad I live in the sticks and none of my neighbors complain. I roll smoke during the week and almost every weekend. I do feed them from time to time to keep the good will flowing. :-D

Even if I hit a Kabrillion dollar lottery, I would never buy a house that is covered by a HOA. I don't need snobby, preening neighbors telling me how to live my life in MY house.

A guy in my town had his next-door neighbor file a complaint to code enforcement about smoke from his smoker coming in his yard. Witch informed the complaintive that it was ligule to run a smoker. Well a local shock jock radio host heard about it, and pulled a permit for a block party Had 6 guys bring trailer smokers and invited the Mayor all local first responders and code enforcement personnel for free BBQ.

I was smoking on Sunday and my wife and kids were in the driveway when a neighbor stopped by. Asked if that was our smoke he could smell. She says yes.

He says, "Smells great! I smoked up some ribs a few days ago."

Whew.

I love these daily reminders of why I love living in the country! Also, this blows my mind...always thought everyone reacted to the smell of other grills and smokers like I do, "now I'm hungry and jealous."

I am SO glad I live in the sticks and none of my neighbors complain. I roll smoke during the week and almost every weekend. I do feed them from time to time to keep the good will flowing. :-D

Even if I hit a Kabrillion dollar lottery, I would never buy a house that is covered by a HOA. I don't need snobby, preening neighbors telling me how to live my life in MY house.

If you win the lottery, you don't need to because you could also buy the HOA as well!

Didn't Jeff Bezos just by an apartment in New York and the two floors below him?

Well I have not heard from him. About 10 days ago a board member came by my house and told me that the A$$hole made another complaint for me to "cease and desist" smoking. Well, I had enough. I went to his house, knocked on the door and got him and his wife to the door. He had a Ring installed and realized they were probably recording. I told him that I was aware he made another complaint. I told him to make as many complaints as he wanted but I was going to keep smoking. I told him that I have been smoking for decades and plan to keep on smoking as much as I want and he better get used to it. I told him that he was a small man (he is about 5'3") for making such a petty complaint. I then told him that the next time I see him looking into my back yard that I was going to knock is ass out. I asked him three times if he understood. Both he and his wife had slack jaws and would not acknowledge. So I told him to go to hell and walked back home to wait for the sheriff in that I figured he would complain, again. The sheriff never came and I have not seen my neighbor since.

Gonna be a fun summer!

Back