THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thaifighter06

Knows what a fatty is.
For the rest of my (what now might be shorter) life, I will blame* the Brethren for my (what will be) lifelong relationship with the all-powerful Fatty.

This last Saturday was a breakthrough in my short, but rewarding BBQ career. I was given the opportunity to cook for an friend's Octoberfest party. He provided some ridiculous IPA and I did the meat.

The plan was to do pulled pork along with a few fatties...you know...just for fun.

If any of you read my last post, I did my first fatty a few weeks ago to a wonderful result. I filled with potatoes, green peppers, onions and cheese followed by the intro of a fried egg. It was marvelous. For this occasion, I decided to repeat that performance but add somewhat of an "experiment" to the mix.

I can only attribute what follows as a direct act of God...that or my degrees in Biology and Chemistry.

While at the store getting ingredients, I was hit with 1.21 jiggawatts of an idea. What if I stuffed the fatty with apples, cinnamon and brown sugar?

The results could be disastrous, I concluded.

But something kept pulling me back to this idea.

That "something" was my 6th or maybe even my 7th sense telling me to move forward at all costs...

I followed careful steps (thanks again, cowgirl) of the bacon weave, flattened out the fatty in a plastic bag, filled with apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and wrapped that thing up in a bundle of pig glory.

I put it on the BGE XL for about 6 hours total with an hour of glaze at the end. I then let it rest for about 30 minutes before slicing.

I was the first to try it, as the other members of the party were cautious of what could only be described as a teenage mutant ninja fatty.

Fate, as it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

:shock:

First you taste sweet, then salty, then savory, then spicy, then sweet again, then chewy, then crispy, then you let out a big sigh.

Brethren. Try this. And let me know when you do. It's RIDICULOUS.

*and by "blame" I mean "thanks for everything."

Last edited:
Back