THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mattdean1003

Knows what a fatty is.
So I had a bunch of limbs laying around from the trees we cut down a few months ago...

Just that small pile of limbs made that much cooking wood. Sure, it's small and will burn a little faster, but why throw it away?

Wish it was all THIS size. THIS, my friends, is a beautiful site:

good work, I tore up my chop saw trying to cut splits into fist size chunks of hickory. I am not sure why it cut so damn hard but it did a number on it.

good work, I tore up my chop saw trying to cut splits into fist size chunks of hickory. I am not sure why it cut so damn hard but it did a number on it.

I did the same FARKING thing with my Kolbalt radial compound saw. I was cutting a split and it moved and the blade caught it and it hit the fence and broke it and ripped a chunk meat off the end of my finger. I now use a portable table saw or a sawzall.

What kind of wood is that? I do not recognize the bark.

For saws I use either a chainsaw or bow saw depending on how much time I have, how much exercise I want and how big the branches are. :thumb:

Thanks for the replies guys. I actually completely filled up the bottom rack on the smoker, I'll post a picture when I get it uploaded later. It's all oak as far as I know, nice red tint to the ends of all of them.

I agree, I let NOTHING go to waste. It'll all burn great!

Chainsaws and sawzalls work great, but I use my chop saw to make chunks of wood instead of splits. Works great and is much safer than either of the above for smaller pieces of wood.

I did the same FARKING thing with my Kolbalt radial compound saw. I was cutting a split and it moved and the blade caught it and it hit the fence and broke it and ripped a chunk meat off the end of my finger. I now use a portable table saw or a sawzall.
A sharp, course toothed blade is safest when cutting rough wood. Most cutoff saws come with a combination tooth blade for use on dressed wood only.

Also, use a piece of wood with a notch in it to hold what you are cutting, wearing gloves. When in doubt, don't cut wood with a power tool.

Back