THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
That's right you heard me and it was damn good. OK - the real deal is I was in the mood for Ropa Vieja and the butcher had no flank so I used a brisket. It was awesome. No pics never happened - I'll beat you to it!:grin:

I hope I dont have nightmares tonight...that poor brisky in a big pot of water:sad:...and yeah what is Ropa Vieja? Maybe you can be forginen for the boiled brisket:roll:

Stew...yeah...I will have nightmares. Brisket didnt stand a chance.

I'm dissappointed in what you did - boiling a brisket you oughta be ashamed. But I am proud of how you played it, no pics didn't happen, how can I really be dissappointed truth is it never happened. Nice...

I can only assume that Ropa Vieja translates to Poor Brisket.

Good grief. I thought I was going to die when I read the thread title. I don't know why I clicked in here. I must be suicidal or something.

I can only assume that Ropa Vieja translates to Poor Brisket.

Good grief. I thought I was going to die when I read the thread title. I don't know why I clicked in here. I must be suicidal or something.

It's sort of like looking at a really bad car wreck!! You don't want to but you can't help it. The good thing.... No Pics=Ambulance blocking view of bloody body!

I have never boiled meat but was thinking..Would steaming the meat in a pressure cooker be more acceptable than boiling it?

It's one thing to boil a brisket in the privacy of your own home, but it's another thing entirely to advertise that you did it. :shock: :wink:

John

I have never boiled meat but was thinking..Would steaming the meat in a pressure cooker be more acceptable than boiling it?

Yes, I know it is. I have several pressure cookers, most of the meats I use in Mexican dishes like my tamale or burrito fillings are done in a pressure cooker. I also do chicken and stew meat for soups. Of course browning it first adds a lot of flavor, but since a pressure cooker is a closed system (verses boiling) the flavors you start with are the ones you finish with. Plus the broth is incredible. The best thing is, the amount of water needed in a pressure cooker (unless you are specifically making broth) is way less than used when boiling.

I have been doing a 20 minute pressure finish on my pastrami when it comes off the pit. It reminds me of steamed deli pastrami.

DSC04444g.jpg

DSC04447g.jpg

Back