THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Er I mean, I am going to use a stone to sharpen my knives today, then I will get stoned, Not!!!

Just have a quick question for those that use them, should I keep a slurry on the stone or should I wipe it off and apply clean water often? It is a funky rainy day here, so thought I would work on some of my knives with a stone, it is a 1000 and 4000 thousand grit.
Dave

I keep a slurry on the stone. I am also careful to clean the knife off before going to the 4000 so as to not carry the coarser pieces to the finer stone. It ends up scratching the blade.

I keep a slurry on the stone. I am also careful to clean the knife off before going to the 4000 so as to not carry the coarser pieces to the finer stone. It ends up scratching the blade.

Thanks Marty, I did good with the stone for a first time. Now all I have to do is wait for my arm hair to grow out before doing anymore sharpening. I would just use my chest hair but with my luck I would accidently slice off a nipple. :eek:
dave

Back