THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samichlaus

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
samichlaus
Anyone familiar with this? Looks like it would be great for a couple steaks or few burgers.

----------------------------

"Grill.......Sear........Griddle......Start to Finish Steaks and other food on this one cooking apparatus!

This patent pending portable grill is the perfect addition to you SCA and tailgating setup. Made from all stainless steel* it will come with 10-1/2” x 19” of patented GrillGrates. You will get perfect grill lines everytime! Flip them over and now it becomes a griddle! It will come with the detached ash pan for easy clean up.

Stainless Steel handles make it easy to carry. Use the stainless firebox divider to separate your hot coals to one side to do some off side cooking.

Easily control your temperatures with two air inlets (one on each side), and two outlets on the top cover,

The GrillGrate Spatula is also included!

For use with Charcoal (lump or briquettes and wood chunks.

Add the stainless steel steel stand which fits inside the grill for easy transport. The stand will keep the grill off of combustible surfaces.

*exclusion: firebox is made from heavy gauge steel. To upgrade to the stainless add the Stainless Firebox to the options.

Total weight 30# and measures 15” tall x 11” wide x 19” long"

https://www.humphreysbbq.com/collec...l/products/searing-station-and-portable-grill

Attachments

• D7F8E833-5D9A-423B-B021-31C4EDF4961F_2048x2048.jpg
    D7F8E833-5D9A-423B-B021-31C4EDF4961F_2048x2048.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 434
I'd take 2 if they were free.

butttt- I'm not their target demographic. I don't tailgate and I have no money.

I'd cook burgers on a weber 22 (hard to improve on "perfection"

and I'd sear sous vide rib eyes on a weber charcoal starter- but what do I know.

The price on these is great. Their quality is great. Their customer service is great. I have honestly almost bought one several times, but I just cant justify it since I have a PK with the folding stand. The grill grates are included, which make it an even better deal.

Do you know if Humphrey's has a reputation for decent quality?

I have had my Humphreys Pint for going on 5 years and the only issue i have ever had is with the paint, and that was mostly my doing, and would be an easy fix if i got off my a$$ and did it.

In short, Yes, they a have a reputation for good quality.

Everyone I talk to that cooks on their smokers states that they are great. I am following close because of the portability..I am thinking of one to pack to fly with to competitions with. does anyone on here have one?

Everyone I talk to that cooks on their smokers states that they are great. I am following close because of the portability..I am thinking of one to pack to fly with to competitions with. does anyone on here have one?

There is someone in the Humphrey's FB group that does just that!

I dis email them a few questions, but did not hear back from them. Does anyone know if there is a grate below the grill grates ...or just the grillgrates as the cooking surface

I dis email them a few questions, but did not hear back from them. Does anyone know if there is a grate below the grill grates ...or just the grillgrates as the cooking surface

It appears to be just the Grill Grates. I am considering it to. Got the invite to the SCA Championship in Fort Worth in October, looking at something easy to haul. Not crazy about the regular PK, and the 360 is a bit too much. Right now it is between this and a Master Touch (which I already have Grill Grates for).

Good luck.

I think it would be hard for reverse searing with just the grill grates....with another grate one could modify the grill grates or add once your steak was resting. Looks like a nice portable cooking machine

Hey All! It currently come with just the GrillGrates. The GrillGrates can be flipped over to have a smooth area with the grease holes. We also sell the GrillGrate Griddle which is made to fit the searing station. That being said, if you wanted something different, just let us know!

I am hoping Kathy chimes in from T-Bone. She has flown with a Searing Station.

I think it would be hard for reverse searing with just the grill grates....with another grate one could modify the grill grates or add once your steak was resting. Looks like a nice portable cooking machine

For SCA, I just use the Grill Grates, no reverse searing.

I forgot to mention, for the contest I received my "Golden Ticket", I used a Weber Performer with Grill Grates.

Hey All! It currently come with just the GrillGrates. The GrillGrates can be flipped over to have a smooth area with the grease holes. We also sell the GrillGrate Griddle which is made to fit the searing station. That being said, if you wanted something different, just let us know!

I am hoping Kathy chimes in from T-Bone. She has flown with a Searing Station.

Thanks guys. I read a thread somewhere else from Kathy about her use of it. Hope she chimes in.

Back