THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thanks for all of the feedback, I sure do appreciate it, looks like I will be buying a Humphreys cabinet vertical smoker. Thanks Brothers.
Keep the SMOKE Rollin!!

Just pulled the trigger on the Down East Beast this past week. Was initially looking at the Pint, but based on alot of the comments here, I decided to go bigger, and went with the Downeast Beast. I'm doing the pull-out water tray, so I like the 5-6 inches or so of additional capacity in the cooking chamber. Plus, it has a kick-ass name! I still need to select color scheme. Was thinking of gloss black with chrome doors.

I'm on my second Humphrey's I had the pint it was a great cooker perfect size for comps
could do brisket butts and ribs in it.. Upgraded this year to their GF Mini Tank II model same size as the Pint only gravity feed I can say this cooker is truly set and forget long run times and no fiddling with the fire box.

What kind of burn times are you getting ?
In my Pint I was getting 10 to 12 hrs with a standard fire box with a mix of briquettes and Lump.. In the GF Mini Tank I got 20hrs out of 20lbs of lump but I'm expecting much better as the temps outside haven't been above freezing since I picked it up..

I'm hoping to order one by the 1st of April , what options did you go with ?

Do it! PM sent.

Kept ours pretty simple. Black all the way around, chrome hardware.

Went with the drop in water pan, and the heavy duty diverter.

Larger fire box became standard while working out the details. 8 inch casters, extra grate, charcoal maze and basting tray to finish it off.

Can't wait til it's here...

I went with the 8" casters to make it easier to move it from the patio to the garage across a small stretch of lawn. Also went with the stainless steel drop down side tray, which will definitely come in handy.

i bought the battle box a few weeks ago and its being made right now! i have heard nothing but great reviews from people on here and all over the internet. I'm outside of philly and am gonna be using this smoker to do backyard cooks and once i get good start doing some comps and see what will happen! deff spend the extra money and get one size bigger this smoker will last for like 20+ years if u take care of it i really wish they had cosmos cover for the smokers!

Ordered a beast a few weeks back. Had it put on a black battle wagon with SS trays. I had the beast painted gloss black with SS doors, slide-out water tray and SS basting tray. Also ordered some extra SS bar racks and 8" castors and had one of the trays made collapsable and mounted to the smoker. 4 more weeks! Can't wait

In my Pint I was getting 10 to 12 hrs with a standard fire box with a mix of briquettes and Lump.. In the GF Mini Tank I got 20hrs out of 20lbs of lump but I'm expecting much better as the temps outside haven't been above freezing since I picked it up..

I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on the way the Gravity feed compares with the regular ones.

Found out my Weeble is on a truck and headed my way. I went with 6" casters, t-maze firebox, and the basting tray. Blue/gunmetal colors, to match my Performer. Can't wait to get the call!

Back