THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SloLo Smoker

Name or Nickame
David
New to to group and have been wanting to build a UDS since I was introduced to them. Thought I would share what I have done so far.....

Purchased a cheap 22.5" grill at Wally world and utilized the lid, hinges and latch, but the latch will change soon.

I opted to install the 3 adjustable racks instead of bolts to raise and lower the cooking surface if/when needed.

Attachments

Welcome from Texas. Nice work so far!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice ! Welcome to the Brethren! I also use the cheap wal mart grill lid. Actually used the bottom also on a closed top lid for a friend's drum.

Looks good and well done.
Observation, the top edges do look sharp. all the best with your first cook

Thank Vicar...

Going to fabricate a ring and tack weld it to the top edge of the main body and also the bottom edge of the lid.... then some heat resistance fabric for a tight seal.

Being that my fire basket is 15" diameter and I have the adjustable rack inside with the arms..... I will have to remove the arms to get the basket in and out. So to keep me from losing the arms..... I made a little pocket on the inside for them.

Attachments

Thanks fellas.....

Blyth......

I was wondering if the bottom could be used for a lid.

What did was leave about 3/4 of an inch lip when I cut the lid off. Then used my shooting ear muff with foam ear plugs underneath the muff and beat hell out of the lip curling it upwards. It was actually very tight. Used the ash pan as the top. It's the one one the left, sorry for the upside down pic.

Attachments

Back