THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
So, as I mentioned in my rib thread, I decided to cook up some meat in a simple, straight forward process to end up with some nice smoked meat. Naturally, I couldn't just do the brisket fat cap down, in a UDS, nooo, that would be too simple.

I decided to put the brisket on a sheet of aluminum foil. :crazy: I don't know why, I don't know what I expected. I know that I did not expect the fat cap and rub to burn onto the foil such that I had to cut the cap off of the meat to release the foil. I know that I DID NOT EXPECT THAT! :tsk::tsk::tsk: Farking Fat Briquette Mod! :mad: I don't know what I was thinking, I have cooked briskets in a UDS before, I have cooked many briskets, not all good, but, none on a dry piece of foil. GAH!

So, here is the shot of the aformentioned brisket/fat briqeuttes/foil fused to it's cap hunk of meat. So not happy with that idea.
brisket-whole.jpg

If you can look, you can see the carbon glue I used to adhere the meat to the foil. I am so clever. :doh: I did go ahead and salvage the mess, and it turned out to be delicious and looked fine once the foil was surgically excised.
slices.jpg

And a couple of smoker shots, cause they turned out pretty good.
smokershot.jpg

butts.jpg

I'm taking notes - so you're saying the foil goes on top, or maybe the shiny side goes the other way, right? :confused:

I'm taking notes - so you're saying the foil goes on top, or maybe the shiny side goes the other way, right? :confused:
I highly suggest you do your next brisket with the shiny side in, dull side out, not wait, the dull side is non stick, so it goes in.

I foresee a very flavorful chili in my future

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
All and all, mighty fine looking brisket :thumb:. We are heading down to Paso Robles with the RV to meet up with some friends and do some wine tasting. I mention this because they all want BBQ, so guess what I'm cookin, that's correct, ribs and brisket, but I will for sure stay away from your new found foil and trim method :-D.

No biggie Bob (I HOPE that's not what she said ;) )

Go back to what works, and we'll not mention this again.

I still think you're the best cook on the site... just know you're human, that's all.

Back