THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jpw23

Babbling Farker
Start with 64 oz. catsup
100_2487.jpg

Then add 5 cups of apple cider vinegar
100_2488.jpg

Add 2 pounds of brown sugar
100_2489.jpg

2 cloves garlic or 2 tbls of ground dried garlic
100_2490.jpg

1/4 tsp cinnamon
100_2491.jpg

5 tbls crushed red pepper
100_2492.jpg

1 tbls ground cayenne pepper
100_2493.jpg

2 tbls worcestershire sauce
100_2494.jpg

1 large onion chopped
100_2495.jpg

1 large apple chopped
100_2496.jpg

everything in a large non-reactive pot
100_2497.jpg

bring to rolling boil stirring constantly and reduce volume by 1/3
100_2498.jpg

makes roughly 3.5 quarts give or take.
may be canned and stored for months or refrigerated

Enjoy

Might have to give that one a try. Sounds great!! Thanks for sharing.
Nice stash of crushed red pepper you got there:biggrin:

Paul

Probably a stupid question with five cups of vinegar in there but is there a strong vinegar flavor? Me no likey vinegar thus any sauce that is overwhelmingly vinegary gets moded.

Probably a stupid question with five cups of vinegar in there but is there a strong vinegar flavor? Me no likey vinegar thus any sauce that is overwhelmingly vinegary gets moded.
that is the reason for reduction......but, mod away if you wish...thats why i posted it!:biggrin:

First time i made Jays sauce, i sifted the chuncy chit out, had 2 qts of smooth and 1 quart of chunky sauce that was so hot, I only bring it out to annoy people that tell me they like hot sauce. I PMed Jay when my eyes quit bleeding and he told me, he cut back on the hot stuff, and if I rREALLY wanted hot stuff, he'd send me the OTHER reciepe! Im telling you, this mild stuff is the CATSASS! I wont try his Hot stuff. Thx Jay.

First time i made Jays sauce, i sifted the chuncy chit out, had 2 qts of smooth and 1 quart of chunky sauce that was so hot, I only bring it out to annoy people that tell me they like hot sauce. I PMed Jay when my eyes quit bleeding and he told me, he cut back on the hot stuff, and if I rREALLY wanted hot stuff, he'd send me the OTHER reciepe! Im telling you, this mild stuff is the CATSASS! I wont try his Hot stuff. Thx Jay.
LOL!!!!! I forgot about that!!!:lol: BTW....for the hot stuff.....just double the amount of pepper and cook real slow!!!:twisted:

Back