THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome post sir:clap2:

I love jambalaya. I just made some hot links last weekend, so now I can make a batch next weekend. I've been putting that Tony Cachere's Creole Seasoning on just about everything I eat for a while now (well, since the Todd's Dirt came in, I've been mixing it up a little).

Ok, I would think by now that you guys would be using the Bayou DIRT for your Creole Cajun cooking. I used to be a fan of Tony's, I just got tired of all the salt and feeling dehydrated from it. Bayou has more then half the about of salt, plus I use Sea Salt (better for you), much bolder flavor and better kick. Bayou Dirt has 16 spices and herbs. I guaranteeeeeeee you will find no better Cajun style seasoning then the Bayou. Give it a try.

Ok, I would think by now that you guys would be using the Bayou DIRT for your Creole Cajun cooking. I used to be a fan of Tony's, I just got tired of all the salt and feeling dehydrated from it. Bayou has more then half the about of salt, plus I use Sea Salt (better for you), much bolder flavor and better kick. Bayou Dirt has 16 spices and herbs. I guaranteeeeeeee you will find no better Cajun style seasoning then the Bayou. Give it a try.

Oh I agree. I haven't used Bayou Dirt, but I know there are Seasonings I like better than Tony's.

I just used Tony's because its easy to find, and if you can't I posted the recipe.

Dude, that looks awesome..I need to venture out (away from the smoker) and cook up some kitchen food!

Thanks. Now I need to make a batch of German Jambalaya. Brats for the sausage and cabbage instead of the green peppers. I usually make it in a crockpot, but a CI DO will work too.

Thanks Q-Dat. We are making your recipe this weekend for a small party and will use some andouille sausage I smoked last fall. Probably include some shrimp and will let you know how it turns out.

Back