THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As far as actual smoking (several-hours cooks of big chunks of meat like butts or ribs and such,) probably 2-3x a month-sometimes more, sometimes less. I tend to smoke a lot of meat at once if I'm making something like pulled pork, and vacuum seal and freeze a bunch instead of firing the smoker all day every week for one meal's worth. Now as far as grilling, there is a grill fired up here probably at least 5x a week. Hell, I cook breakfast on the grill sometimes.

At least once a week but usually two or three times. It just depends on what the local church's and scout groups, youth bb teams ,family and friends have going on

Couple three times/month on average. I'd like to do more but I also like to fill the smoker up. And then I freeze lots of smoked meat and have to work down the reserves before I smoke again.
If we're talking grilling over charcoal, then it would be couple three times/week during the grilling season. (Around here, the grilling season runs from January 1 through December 31. :biggrin1: )

I am an addict right now. I have cooked almost every day on my Kamado since I got it about 6 weeks ago. Looking for a good 12 step program. Maybe Q.A. I need a sponsor though. Maybe Gore will volunteer!

Now that its starting to warm up outside, I've cooked at least once a week for the last month or so. Once it warms up (this weekend!) I usually cook 3-4times a week on the cooker. Wish it was more, but i work super long hours

At least once a weekend for me. More during holidays. And if i had more time it would be more often than that and there would be more experimenting. :idea:

I'll grill probably once every other week. Smoking; I usually do fairly large quantities when I smoke (like a 100#s of meat), so now I usually smoke only 3 or 4 times a year unless we're competing. We EAT BBQ a helluva lot more than 3 or 4 times a year...

I'm up to a couple times a week already. It'll be more this summer, but was down to twice a month or so in Dec. and Jan. It helps that my rig doubles as the fire pit. I could sit around a fire outside every night if I could keep up with the wood gathering.

Smoke once a week and grill minimum of once a week. This is year round. As long as I can get it lit, I love smoking in the rain.

I generally smoke something twice per month. When I'm not smoking something, I'm probably grilling something else.. 2-3 times per week.

I concur with Daggs: I really don't care much about the weather... I've been known to smoke and grill in the rain, sleet, snow, hail... There's just no keeping a Tarheel from his barbecue.

Back