THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I saw a certain team leaving the DC contest all red assed and before the awards were over.... I won't say who, as I don't want to give his television career a black eye... But some folks need to get a grip. No one and I mean no one in BBQ should "expect" to win... Especially in the dog and pony show of MBN or MIM...

Probably why they call them AWARDS and not REWARDS....

Yep I saw him too. He was sitting on the golf cart.

I saw a certain team leaving the DC contest all red assed and before the awards were over.... I won't say who, as I don't want to give his television career a black eye... But some folks need to get a grip. No one and I mean no one in BBQ should "expect" to win... Especially in the dog and pony show of MBN or MIM...

Probably why they call them AWARDS and not REWARDS....

Scottie, I was around the corner on 12th, but, DC is a jail break at the end and folks try and at least get their rigs out or near the exit as soon as they can. Otherwise, you could be stuck for a long while. You saw the mess getting in and I'm sure getting out was no picnic either from where you were - Penna. Ave is a mess. I wouldn't read too much into the DC contest, but, you were closer to the situation than I was. Just saying ...

Yeah, this was t about pulling out a rig. This was about poor sportsmanship by someone that should know and act better. And for what it's worth.. I had no problems getting my rig out from that end.

Scottie, I was around the corner on 12th, but, DC is a jail break at the end and folks try and at least get their rigs out or near the exit as soon as they can. Otherwise, you could be stuck for a long while. You saw the mess getting in and I'm sure getting out was no picnic either from where you were - Penna. Ave is a mess. I wouldn't read too much into the DC contest, but, you were closer to the situation than I was. Just saying ...

Yeah, this was t about pulling out a rig. This was about poor sportsmanship by someone that should know and act better. And for what it's worth.. I had no problems getting my rig out from that end.

Like I said, you were closer to the sitiuation than I was and I trust your judgement. Just thought I would throw that out there. Glad you had no problemns getting out. 2 years ago, we barely made it out after awards because they started tearing down the stages across from us and started taking up the whole street. We had to ask them to give us 10 minutes.

Like I said, you were closer to the sitiuation than I was and I trust your judgement. Just thought I would throw that out there. Glad you had no problemns getting out. 2 years ago, we barely made it out after awards because they started tearing down the stages across from us and started taking up the whole street. We had to ask them to give us 10 minutes.

We got out OK without any difficulty on Sunday from 12th St. Getting in was a different story, however. The frustrating thing was that I could see our slot about 100' from where we were sitting first in line at the access point as we waited for almost two hours as vendors and other "big rigs" were sent ahead of us. In spite of that, I was polite to the organizers and didn't yell or complain. Others behind me not only complained to the organizers but started in on ME because I didn't just roll in and set up. I can't (and won't) blame the organizers for the bottleneck because it's not their fault. That's more a DC traffic and access issue. But it doesn't make matters any better when we competitors berate the organizers or advocate taking matters into our own hands. Bottom line, I think the organizers did about as good a job as they could within the logistical restrictions of the venue. And you better believe I'm bringing my trailer next year so I can get in with the "big rig" crowd. :laugh:

Back