THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Badjak

is one Smokin' Farker
I was going to do some chicken thighs on the kettle and decided on a rub of dried and smoked madam jeanette chili peppers, coriander, cumin and salt.
Unfortunately, it has been raining a lot here, so the spices were not as dry as usual and stuck to the inside of my coffee grinder.
Normally, I clean the grinder by grinding a bit of rice, which is what I did this time as well.
Then, I thought, why not grind a bit more, mix it with the spices and coat the chicken with it?
After all, I had used toasted ground rice before in a number of Thai dishes.
So I did
And here are my spiced ground rice coated chicken thighs!

oBZj6hXl.jpg

I had to be a bit careful not to burn the coating, so had them mostly indirect and covered and finished with the lid off, over direct heat.
They came out incredibly crispy.
It's a keeper :icon_bigsmil

I ate them with some homemade sourdough bread and tzatziki (and even the left over ones still had a crispy skin the next day)

Thanks all,
You can't actually taste the rice. It just gives a very nice crunch.
In my opinion better that bread crumbs and it didn't get soggy, not even after a night in the fridge (those were the left over ones)

Back