THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipls3355

is one Smokin' Farker
How much sauce do you use in your pulled pork? I always put the sauce on the side and add it to each sammy, but someone asked me how much to make when mixing it in the meat before.

Ehh. I always put it on the side. Sometimes its better with no sauce. Many guys here put a vinegar based sauce as well. That u dont put much at all

I don't pre sauce, but if I did, it would be very light - just enough to moisten it and make it glisten.

Pork drowned in sauce is a sign of poorly cooked pork or pork that has been sitting around way too long.

^^^ like they guys said, none. I have sauceS on the side for the different sauce lovers. I'll usually have one or two variations on the NC vinegar sauces, a SC mustard style, and then a few variants of a KC gone Memphis sauce. One day I'll get some of that Alabama white sauce too....

Necked also. If someone asks for sauce I take it as an insult. Although no one up here knows what real Q is:(

wait....so you're supposed to put sauce on your Q. All these years I've been doing it wrong...:tsk:

Being serious, I want to die when I see people drowning my Q in sauce. I try to explain, but its often too much work:mad2:

On the side, in jars, with an appropriate spoon for the portion people will need.

I learned this the hard way when my mom nearly choked to death after loading up a sandwich with vinegar and cayenne sauce straight out of a squeezie-bottle.

i usually do a pan with NC style vinegar sauce cuz it goes over well...just enough to make it glisten and a second pan plain. 3 sauces on side - nc vinegar sauce, mustard sauce and bbq sauce

I always toss it with a light coating of Blues Hog Tennessee Red, then have a jar of that along with a jar of a KC-style variant for people if they want it. Most folks don't partake.

I've always found that vinegar-based sauce works best 'cos it cuts through the sweetness of the pork and the run. Each to their own taste though...

Back