THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When I sell a la carte, it is $25/rack of ribs, and $25/lb of brisket. Pulled pork is $18/lb, and chicken is $12.50/lb. I don’t do it often and only when I have a minimum $1,000 order. Otherwise it just isn’t worth the time.

When I sell a la carte, it is $25/rack of ribs, and $25/lb of brisket. Pulled pork is $18/lb, and chicken is $12.50/lb. I don’t do it often and only when I have a minimum $1,000 order. Otherwise it just isn’t worth the time.

I dont see how you can charge so much for cooking in the backyard on your own time schedule. those prices are higher than a proper bbq restaurant that I can go to whenever I feel like

I dont see how you can charge so much for cooking in the backyard on your own time schedule. those prices are higher than a proper bbq restaurant that I can go to whenever I feel like

I’m not doing it in “my backyard” so to speak. I own a BBQ catering business, licensed by the Health Dept, liability insurance, commissary, etc. All those costs add up and factor in to what I charge.

People have never complained about my prices.

I’m not doing it in “my backyard” so to speak. I own a BBQ catering business, licensed by the Health Dept, liability insurance, commissary, etc. All those costs add up and factor in to what I charge.

Restaurants also have to pay for the actual brick and mortar (rent, upkeep, staff/payroll, etc.), insurance, and Health Department regulations.

People won't complain about prices if they aren't using you. But if you're busy, who am I to say you're charging too much...

I would imagine it's also not like Texas where you are, where you can't spit without hitting a barbecue place. I'm also willing to bet your costs for supplies are a little higher too. I know brisket is more expensive here in Illinois than it is in Texas.

It would probably be more cost efficient in selling bbq plates since sides and a slice of white bread cost almost nothing but your time. Cook a 15# brisket sell 10-8$ plates sounds like a plan to me.

It would probably be more cost efficient in selling bbq plates since sides and a slice of white bread cost almost nothing but your time. Cook a 15# brisket sell 10-8$ plates sounds like a plan to me.

A 15 lb brisket around me goes for $50+, so $80 is not near enough.

Where did your get the 10 plates from?

I just want to be sure im on the same page... We are talking COOKED WEIGHT, not raw meat weight?

Also is that per pound charge + the meat?

rb

Raw weight per pound + the cost of the meat or I have them provide the meat to cook. For Thanksgiving I have 5 20 lb of turkey for folks at work so $40 per bird $200.

Back