THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

bo_gator

Everyone knows of the Cherry trees that produce the little red fruits, but down here there is a type of tree that everyone calls Wild Cherry. These trees are much larger than the fruit producing Cherry trees, and people say that if a cow eats the Wild Cherry tree's leaves it will kill the cow.

Does anyone know if it is safe to use the Wild Cherry tree's wood to smoke with :?:

I would hate to die from trying to smoke some pork :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

That is where I get my smoking chunks. Eat the fruit,too. Officially it's called Black Cherry.

My understanding is all types of cherry are great for smoking... flowering, black, supermarket type... doesn't make a difference.

That is the kind you want to use. My grandpaw would have around 250 to 300 cows at a time when I was kid he always said if a limb fell off and the leaves wilted it would kill cows if they eat it. Never seen one die from it, but if he said it I believed it.

Back