THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm a Midnight Coal miners Fan :wink:
uds009-1.jpg

uds009-1.jpg

LOL. I tell ya I am in awe at some of the fancy Team drums I have seen built and always said I was going to do a green NWMSU bearcats drum for tailgating but at the same time I don't know if I want to because I know it will get moved around and scratched and dirty ect. But geez some of these drums are cool looking.

Stencil cut out with a exacto knife and painters tape is what i used for my mini.

Or....you can get lucky and find a die-cut decal (the ones people put on their car windows) on Amazon and save yourself some time :)

Put the decal on.....paint with high-temp paint.....remove decal. I wanted the silver to shine through on my mini....but you could first paint the area with whatever color you want the logo to be (high-temp)...wait for it to dry...put the decal on....paint over the whole thing with your main color (high-temp)....remove decal...BOOM.

mini.jpg

So let me ask you all this regarding High temp paint. Do you prefer brush on or spray can? I have both. My old UDS I sprayed the whole drum but typical of all aerosol paints it is so thin no matter how many coats you put on and it scratched off very easy. So I bought Rustoleum high temp grill paint in a quart can and brushed it on. It was a nice thick coat that was way more durable but it didn't have the smooth finish that a spray puts on. I cannot decide on this new one (which is ready to paint) which type of paint to use this time. I used spray paint for my intake tubes but the drum and lid I am unsure of.

uds009-1.jpg

Do you have pics of the whole bottom of that UDS I could look at. I have to carry mine from behind the house, and it is all grass. I havent put casters on it, because they would be useless through the grass. Now those tires would be well worth the endeavor...:clap2::becky:

What I did was build a cheap frame out of 2x4s and put small casters on each corner. My drum sits right down in the frame on 4 corner braces. You can't roll it through grass but 2 guys can each grab a side handle and carry a loaded drum then replace it on the castered base when they get where they are going.

Back