THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a WSM, but the couple of times I found my self running out of charcoal and needing to re-fuel, I just finished in the oven. We're talking about the last 1 - 2 hours of a 12 hour smoke. No harm there and just easier.

+1 on the glove comment. I have electrical gloves and the few times I have needed to put more coal (usually dont with the minion method but i didnt put enough coals) I put on my electrician gloves and lift off the entire middle/top section, fill then replace the section ;)

+1 on the glove comment. I have electrical gloves and the few times I have needed to put more coal (usually dont with the minion method but i didnt put enough coals) I put on my electrician gloves and lift off the entire middle/top section, fill then replace the section ;)

I can just see me doing that with my Canjun Bandit with a pan of water off my Performer platform at 5'5". :shocked:

I do this also. It prevents dust and ash floating up and onto my food. probably not the safest practice, but it works!

Back