THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you like your steaks cooked?

• Well done

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Medium Well

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Medium

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Medium Rare

Votes: 152 70.7%
  • Rare

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Like this.

ZsONfxG.jpg

and this

9jH6fV0.jpg

and this

58r1RWs.jpg

and this

hIN9nE4.jpg

Just sayin :becky:

I like it well done. I don't really care much for steak. Brisket and pork butt. Love bbq chicken the most.

Just never cared for steak that much. I just never saw the thrill in steak. I think maybe twice I have cooked steak. I thought about cooking in an SCA cook off but my heart is not in it.

There is more flavor and joy in a pork chop than a steak. I wish I enjoyed it but I just don't.

I voted rare, and years ago that would have been my answer. Now, what I think is the perfect level of done varies a bit with the cut of meat. A quality filet or a pure bred wagyu, I lean towards warm but closer to raw than rare. Other cuts I creep up into the rare/medium rare range or even medium rare if it starts on the tougher side.

I like it well done. I don't really care much for steak. Brisket and pork butt. Love bbq chicken the most.

Just never cared for steak that much. I just never saw the thrill in steak. I think maybe twice I have cooked steak. I thought about cooking in an SCA cook off but my heart is not in it.

There is more flavor and joy in a pork chop than a steak. I wish I enjoyed it but I just don't.

OMG, no, no, no, no and no. There is absolutely no way that a basically bland meat like a pork chop has more inherent flavor than a steak. Now, I accept that it might be a flavor that some don't like, but it's flavorful nonetheless. To each their own, but when you cook a steak to well done and force all the juices out of it, most of that delicious flavor goes with it.

If you are adventurous, try this. Get a small ribeye or strip, cook it to Medium well and try it. Then next time, cook it just a little less and try it at Medium. if you don't like it, that's cool, some just don't like the taste of beef. But you owe it to yourself to try :becky::becky:

OMG, no, no, no, no and no. There is absolutely no way that a basically bland meat like a pork chop has more inherent flavor than a steak. Now, I accept that it might be a flavor that some don't like, but it's flavorful nonetheless. To each their own, but when you cook a steak to well done and force all the juices out of it, most of that delicious flavor goes with it.

If you are adventurous, try this. Get a small ribeye or strip, cook it to Medium well and try it. Then next time, cook it just a little less and try it at Medium. if you don't like it, that's cool, some just don't like the taste of beef. But you owe it to yourself to try :becky::becky:
Pork chop bland? You must have had it the way my mom cooked it growing up. Chewy and dry as fark. Pork chop beats a steak every time. If its done right.
Best ones come off the Weber Go Anywhere. I have plenty of bland pork chops that were poorly cooked but done right it beats steak.

I have had steak cooked at SCA events. I have had them cooked by people telling me how steak is amazing. There is nothing special about steak. Except a black nugget marinaded steak now that fixes up a steak nicely. Gives it some wow factor. There is nothing wow about a steak. Its just bland and boring. Seems to me its over rated.

Back