THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

smooookin

is Blowin Smoke!
Make 20 guys quiet at the same time?

Feed ‘em!!

I took a gamble with the new drum I made this weekend. Last night about 8 pm I put four butts on the UDS, left the shop and went to bed. When I got in this morning at 8 am she was chuggin along at 232 and the butts were in the 150’s. This was the first time I have ever left a barrel unattended overnight and the first time I have cooked for the whole group. Because of the chorus of “when do we eat”, I had to pull the butts a little earlier than I wanted (188 ) and couldn’t rest them as long as I wanted but you coulda heard a pin drop for a few minutes.

All in all I was pretty happy with the results, Brisket is comin up.

Yeah I know, “no pics it didn’t happen”, but I wasn’t sure it woulda been safe to stop for photos. Maybe next time.

Heheee, you got that right. I made some pepper beef with smoked chuck roll and took it in today. The guys went through a package of flour tortillas and half a loaf of Texas toast in about 20 minutes.

Back