THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

igolf2

is one Smokin' Farker
Last few briskets were done at high temp (I know - no pron didn't happen) but I had a rare day off from the golf course and threw on a brisket while I worked around the house and yard.

only had a 6+ lb. flat so that's what I used
7-20-09722.jpg

Injected with beef broth and rubbed down with salt - garlic - pepper - and a bit of rub

7-20-09723.jpg

In the smoker ( Gasp - A Gasser!!! - I know it's sacrilege! - but it's all I got right now until quiet time late fall )
7-20-09724.jpg

Foiled at 165

7-20-09725.jpg

Bosley the guard pup watched over the brisket ( He knows he will get a piece or two :mrgreen:
7-20-09721.jpg

sliced up after a 2 hour rest (pulled at 200)
7-20-09727.jpg

Not a bad dinner after a hard days work
7-20-09729.jpg

Brisket had a small smoke ring but was juicy, tender and flavorful, this is a great way to do briskets for those of us that just don't have the time for low and slow and I am getting better results too :!:

Cooked at 350 degrees - And Bosley is a total handful - 7 mo. old and crazy as a drunk monkey. Just had him in a training class that helped a bit - But I do love labs.

Back