THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boogiesnap

Babbling Farker
hi everyone,
i have a top and bottom for a WSM 22 that i converted into a kettle for high heat cooking at comps.
assuming i can keep the temp inside it down around 300-350(i haven't tried yet)do y'all have any thought on wether or not this would be suitable for a high heat brisket? or will it be just too darn close to the coals?
i definately don't want to GRILL a brisket, but maybe with a foil pan as a heat diffusor and a rack inside it to keep the brisket from braising???

Wow, that's a tough one. It just doesn't seem that you would have enough space between the coal bed and the meat, even with a foil pan and rack.
Honestly, I have no idea if it would work. Guess you could always experiment with a potato first before attemping a $20-plus brisket!
Do you have a regular Weber kettle to do an offset?

naw, i don't, but that would be an interesting cooker, a wsm top and bottom with a weber kettle firebox. hhhmmm.
i agree, i'd hate to fry a good brisket:mad2:, so was hoping someone may have tried it already that close to the heat. :doh: or :bow:

I smoke on a Weber kettle all the time, as it is the only thing I own, I use indirect by placing the coals on the outside of the charcoal ring. But, this is a 22.5 inch kettle and not a WSM top and bottom

Back