THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jsmorrow2s

Full Fledged Farker
Went into sams club yesterday looking to do some ribs. Lo and behold they were out. But they had prime whole packards on sale, so my dad will have to settle for brisket on his birthday 😂

Trimmed it last night and then injected. And yes I separated flat from point. Seasoned this morning with spg and then hit it again with Weber’s “cowboy” seasoning. It’s been on since 0415. Hoping for a total cook time of no more than 6 hrs.

I have the 22” wsm running as hot as it can on a full chimney of lit charcoal and WITHOUT a water pan. All vents are wide open. Exhaust is wide open as well. No wind. However, outside temp is 32° so it’s not quite as hot as I wanted. We shall see.

I will update as much as I can

Attachments

Betting around 7:15 it'll be time to wrap, put a full packer on at 4:15 myself then went back to bed, it doesn't need to be done until dinner. Finishing my 1st cup then throwing a fatty on for a little morning snacking.

Betting around 7:15 it'll be time to wrap, put a full packer on at 4:15 myself then went back to bed, it doesn't need to be done until dinner. Finishing my 1st cup then throwing a fatty on for a little morning snacking.

Great minds think alike lol and yes! We’re knocking on the door to wrapping

Back