THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blues_n_cues

is Blowin Smoke!
i couldn't think of a decent title but..
using chafing dishes or cambro & holding for hours.
p.p. & chopped brisket is easy but,how do you personally hold chix,ribs,& sliced brisket for long periods w/out rhe ribs getting fall off the bone,the chix skin getting rubbery,& do you leave a little extra fat on the 'skit to render down a bit more instead of adding broth or juice?
personally yesterday i found that my ribs were still awesome but tended to lose the pink(i like mine to be a bit hammy colored)after chafing for 6 hrs or so.
cooking everything the same day is not an option on this particular gig.
i do the chix,burgers,& dogs that day
(see my other posts).

Only reheat 1/2 before hand and then reheat the rest on site as needed.
the chix & ribs were only the 1/2 pans & reheated on site. i think too long in the pans & needed dry heat/steam rotation to retain the color & skin on the chix.
i've never had to hold chix or ribs that long before. now i know why restaurants are less desireable than our Q on site or @ home.

Back