THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDPatterson

Knows what a fatty is.
Talking food with co-workers yesterday made me have a craving for ribs. I don't get home from work until 4:00-4:30, so it doesn't leave much time for cooking. I've been reading about HnF cooking, so I thought I would give a try at Hot 'n Fast baby back ribs. Got everything on the UDS by 4:30, cooked for 3 hours at 300-310. They turned out great, if I do say so myself. Now for the pron:

baby_back_ribs2_4-9-14.jpg

baby_back_ribs_4-9-14.JPG

Looks awesome!! I was also curious about the texture. Similar to low and slow? Did you foil at all?

The texture was great. Tender and juicy, with a nice clean bite. Just as good or better than the last batch of low 'n slow I cooked. I did "cheat" with foil. I cooked them naked for 2 hours, then wrapped for one hour with a sprinkling of brown sugar and honey. I then put on a coat of sauce and left them on for 15 additional minutes. I'm sold on HnF so far.

The look delicious! Thanks for posting. I like having a HnF alternative for different smokes for those times, like you, when I HAVE to have my meat, but am short on time.

Back