High Plains Steak & 'Tatoes (now, w/ Pr0n)!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Though we had a day-off midweek, it's been a long week.

Successfully making it through to this evening called for steak & 'taters ("'tatoes" in CowGirl-ese).

I've had a hankerin' for some blue cheese potatoes (a family favorite), but I needed some Hasselhoff 'taters (the Germans love those).

I hit the T-Bone (oops... thought CINCHOUSE was thawing a ribeye) with some Oakridge 1/2 & 1/2 of Santa Maria and Carne Crosta.

The Vortex isn't just good for cooking chicken, folks. It's magic for cooking steak and anything with good indirect heat.

pVz7Rdvh.jpg

Good 25sec sear after I took the steak to about 112-115:

tROTLFSh.jpg

'Tatoes came out like a champ, but I'd prob give 'em like 20 more minutes to really get the middle nice and soft/mealy. Flavor was ridiculous!

V3hnYzlh.jpg

Bring on the weekend!

Can't go wrong with steak and taters. I use my vortex for searing, but never for the full cook. How long did it take to get to 115?

Outstanding Marc! Hasselhoff taters FTW. Oh and I'm always torn between porterhouse and ribeye. :hungry: Killer looking steak.

Great post! I always, always, always get ribeyes, and you got me thinkin...'cause I could go for some of that.

Taters look righteous as well - and as to the Germans loving Hasselhoff potatoes - that got me! :laugh:

One outstanding looking cook there. Interesting looking potato, never thought of cooking that method, but since those are the wife's fave, worth a shot.

Wow, Marc!

Killer! :thumb: The steak looks awesome, and the spuds are right there with it.

I never thought of mixing Santa Maria with Carne Crosta. I'm going to do this on my next steak cook.

Back