THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm amazed there's no love for Egg/Ceramic type cookers here.
How much smaller can the footprint get with a set it and forget it pit?
I really enjoy my stick-burner but the egg still serves a purpose when I have other things to do besides tending a fire.

I just picked up an LSG Mini yesterday and am seasoning it today and I haven’t had to mess with it much at all once it got up to temp. Temp from top to bottom is running 5 to 9 degrees difference.

Check out gravity feed cookers.

I have an Assassin 24 gravity feed that is set and forget. No moving parts and I've cooked some amazing food on it.

Last edited:
Big Green Egg the size of your choice is definitely a set it and forget it (boring) way to cook. It's especially good if you want a decent night sleep for a long cook.
no electricity required unless you want to get a controller.
Coming off your Lang 84 I would suggest an XL so you won't have too much trouble adjusting to the smaller size.

Completely agree, haven't stayed up watching a brisket or pork but in a long time. It's also versatile, 250 for briskets and the like or 700 for pizza. In addition, I don't know of too many rigs out there that offers a lifetime warranty. I have an XL and going to get another one this week. Do not buy a used one.. no warranty.

Thanks,
Greg

Back