THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Lighted the keg yesterday while it rained, loaded up the pork belly that I had cured.Damn fire went out.
Unloaded and lighted it again, loaded back up and under the intense pressure of The Shiv playing table shark hoping I dropped one of those slabs of belly! :laugh:

Smoked them with hickory, my favorite.

DSC_0151_zpsdphihwpq.jpg

This morning I got the reward.
I sliced up some green tomatoes, egg wash and dipped them in panko and peccorino with thyme and fried them up. Fried some eggs for us, and smokey bacon and some field mushrooms.

DSC_0155_zpsgvo6wqfw.jpg

The Shiv got some rind and some fat, she was thrilled.

:yo:

That looks great. Me love homemade bacon.
Thanks brother!
Oh wow!
Breakfast lunch and dinner
That happens sometimes! :grin:
that looks so yummy dude , I have never done pork belly but if I did I hope it comes out as good as you looks . :clap:

This is a staple in my place. There is always a slab in the freezer. Aside from as bacon, it is an incredibly versatile ingredient in all my non BBQ related cuisines so I am always needing some.
:thumb:

I also smoked bacon with hickory in the rain this weekend. You didn't see Willie Nelson too, did you?

Looks fatastic buccs - I loves breakfast, especially when it looks like that - nicely done!

I also smoked bacon with hickory in the rain this weekend. You didn't see Willie Nelson too, did you?

Looks fantastic buccs - I loves breakfast, especially when it looks like that - nicely done!
Thanks Greg, I would have seen him if he came down here!
Great looking bacon! Looks like you have breakfast looked after for awhile!
Yup, that sorted me out until dinner time!
Bacon!!!! Oh..... YES!!! Looks great.
& a most excellent breakfast.

Thank you!
I'm mad about breakfasts!

Back