Hey from Milwaukee

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob80001

Knows what a fatty is.
Hi everyone. It's been a long strange trip to find this place, but I am quite enjoying it so far. I was a former meat hater (due to the horrible cooking I was subjected to when I was growing up). So what did I do? Became a vegetarian. For 12 years. Then I moved to Kansas City. First 4th of July outing with some new friends and what did I discover? Brisket. YEAH! So that went right out the window. Spent the next five years eating PILES of great meat! Then about 2 years ago, I moved to Wisconsin. I like it here...but really missed the Q. So I started to do it myself. Now I'm hooked. Even getting prepared to do my first competition in September. I don't expect to do well - I haven't even done ribs before - going to try it in the morning. I'm smoking on a UDS that I built this spring and I love it! It's technically not finished, as I still have the flange mod to properly attach my weber lid and upper rack to install. But hey, the butts and briskets, chickens and turkeys have been fun and tasty, even with a half done smoker. Thanks to everyone who unknowingly has provided this former lurker with valuable information and advice!

Don (yeah, maybe bob wasn't a good choice for a handle...oh well.)

Welcome aboard Don! Glad to have a recovering vegetarian here.

Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web, Don!

When I cooked my first comp, I got two walks and finished 11th out of 39.

Any given table, any given day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back