THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
I've been preparing for my first competition for a long time. But, the preparation was only for the cooking part. And, no, I'm not where I need to be. But, that's not what I'm writing about. I'm writing about the incredible amount of hard freakin' work involved in doing a competition. I have been at it since 6am this morning literally non-stop practicing, packing, double checking, and setting up my cook area. I'm exhausted and I still have work to do tonight before going on site tomorrow for the meat inspection and cook's meeting. And, don't get me started on the expense. Thank God I have two sponsors, but I still had to dish out my fair share. I have been a CBJ for several years and need to cook a comp. for my MCBJ. So, this one will do for my MCBJ credential, I hope.

To you guys who have been doing this week in and week out, my hat is off to you! :clap2:

It gets easier as you do more. You fall into a system for packing, repacking and restocking and a rhythm for meat trimming, sauces, et.

The key is pacing. You learn you can only push through without sleep so long before you crash hard. Can't remember if I discovered that at competitions, college or programming against deadlines, but it's a universal truth that the human battery can only provide a finite amount of energy before a recharge is needed.

Take a break - you'll enjoy yourself more and live longer.

adee91d4-46e0-76f2.jpg
The key is pacing. You learn you can only push through without sleep so long before you crash hard. Can't remember if I discovered that at competitions, college or programming against deadlines, but it's a universal truth that the human battery can only provide a finite amount of energy before a recharge is needed.

Take a break - you'll enjoy yourself more and live longer.

Exactly, that is why I just picked up this trailer. Offers a place to carry the smokers and a dry, warm place too crash for a couple of hours when needed.

Attachments

adee91d4-46e0-76f2.jpg

Exactly, that is why I just picked up this trailer. Offers a place to carry the smokers and a dry, warm place too crash for a couple of hours when needed.

Hey, I like that little teardrop! Never saw one with an equipment platform before. I applaud you sir. It's great to see folks think outside of the box. Just goes to show you don't need a bus to compete.

Good luck brother! Looking forward to some pics of your camp...the teardrop is killer cool! 8)

Back