THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

redlevel42

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
. . . . in Butler, Georgia.

Grill is made from a 200 gallon diesel tank rescued from the junk pile at the county work farm. It provided diesel for motor graders on our dirt roads back in the 60s. I have been cooking on it nearly 30 years. Cost less than $100 for fabrication and expanded metal. It is getting thin in some spots. If you use your imagination at about 0400, about half way through a 12 hour cooking, you can get a whiff of diesel fumes from 50 years ago.
IMG_2742.jpg

I cook fairly big poundage of butts about twice a year . . . 60-80 lbs. Eighty pounds is probably about max for this setup. Probably 50-60 lbs in this load.
IMG_1976.jpg

Butts are ready to cool a while then commence pulling in this picture. I used to go cut my own hickory, oak, pecan, etc, but now I just use mostly bagged Kingsford unless I find some easy pickin's on some hardwood. Sacrilege, I know, but my guests ain't complained yet.
DSC02067.jpg

Meat pulled from the butts . . . this is real Q!! We usually feed about 60 people on the 4th.
IMG_1992.jpg

Friends, neighbors, family at a recent July 4th bash. We serve no beer, no wine, no corn squeezin's in deference to my 94 year-old Mama who don't hold with such goings on.
IMG_1998.jpg

My Mama is the gray-haired lady in the white shirt on the left side of the picture. She was only about 91 when this picture was made.
IMG_1996.jpg

Back