Here we go! I've got my Baby back!! No Ribs involved

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Well.. I'll start by saying.. damn I already miss the ease of my pellet cooker.. But something about this thing is just relaxing once I get it fired up!

So here's the story.. I was desperate for money.. needed to sell some stuff.. I just got my silverbac.. figured I'd never cook on the vertical offset again so I Sold it for stupid cheap... few weeks later the guy is like "Man I'm just gonna sell the cooker" which he could probably triple his money from what he paid me for it.. I said "Heck no... if you wanna sell it I'll give you what you gave me for it.. and call it even.. I want it back!"

Well He asked me about my masterbuilt cooker. Said he would trade me out even steven for my masterbuilt.. Which I asked if he was sure because what he gave me for the offset was more than the master built was worth..

He pulled in yesterday with this cooker.. It was rusted inside.. he seasoned it, painted it, and everything but forgot to respray the inside after seasoning.. So I cleaned up the grates with a scotch bright pad and dawn.. Got it fired up...

This was the shape the grates were in when I got it yesterday
Xz833UAl.jpg

Here's after cleaning and spraying

tNupG3Ol.jpg

Picture of the full cooker
1BI1S5Wl.jpg

I GOT FIRE!!!!
xpJ2Fc4L.jpg

xpJ2Fc4l.jpg

And then the pay off.. This is gonna be good!

IJsKBmvl.jpg

Last edited:
Chook is looking good, is that smoker thin metal?
Just looking at the wheels.

Chook is looking good, is that smoker thin metal?
Just looking at the wheels.

Heck no.. that smoker freaking heavy.. took two people to load/unload it.. the steel every where but the firebox is like 3/16"? that right? and the firebox is 1/4". the wheels on it is rated for 1000lb EACH! LOL

Congrats! Are you going to be able to get the Silverbac as well?

I didn't sell the silverbac! I sold this vertical offset because I bought the silverbac. But I miss using this offset! I regret selling it in the first place.. just glad its back home! Gonna take better care of it than I did before too

Fixed some of my wording.. Because I did run across a few things that seemed like I sold the silverbac (no way I will ever sell that thing.. it treats me too good)

Joyous Homecoming :thumb:

Amen brother! I hated to see it go.. But Once I found out how consistent the Grilla Grillz pellet cooker was.. I was thinking "dude I need the money and I'm a lazy guy so Its a good idea to get rid of it" LOL

The moment I knew I could get it back I jumped for it.. I can do every type of cooking I want with the Silverbac so didn't need the masterbuilt anymore and it was like brand new... Only used for 3-4 batches of summer sausage.

I learned something today tho! The bottom rail for my firebox intake fell off so I have to weld back together. But this means I ran it with a wide open air intake.. Such a better fire and I can control it better it seems.. I'm going to put it back together But I will continue to learn how to run it wide open.

Last edited:
Once a stick burner, always a stick burner. I have a pellet grill I really like too but I'll always have a stick burner. So glad you got her back!

You don't know what you got until it's gone...[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back