THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

law1143

Found some matches.
I bought this a few months ago from a friend... didnt quite know what i was getting but paid a pretty fair price. My bubba keg was 8 years old and lived a full and honest life out doors and the elements caught up with it.

And after a little research, realized that this wasnt exactly what i wanted so I got a Large BGE on a 4th of July sale this week... and the wife insists this old guy be sent off to a new home...

Ive fixed up the bands, removed rust, repainted new hardware and that works now.
I also added a lower damper (that i recycled off my old rusted out bubba keg that just was hauled away from the curb today)...

I dont know what to list this thing at, or beyond craigslist where to sell. any tips or hints?

Attachments

• Kaomdo_updated.jpg
    Kaomdo_updated.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 87
  • kamodo2.jpg
    kamodo2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 86
  • kamodo1.jpg
    kamodo1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 84
also, the firebox has a break in it. comes cleanly apart into upper and lower pieces. going to get some stove and furnace cement and put that back together before i put it up for sale.

Needs a felt gasket (I guess) and an upper damper of some sort.

Looks like Richard Johnson's product. My father purchased one when they first hit the market many years ago. He loved it. It was prone to
cracking.

Attachments

• rj.jpg
    rj.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 70
I think that is a very fair price. I think these older kamados are more of a show piece than a work horse. If I had extra cash I would buy it for decoration!

Its in the metro atlanta area if anyone in the area is interested :)

(not sure if this crosses the line to selling or not allowed or something but that wasnt the main point of my post... And I'll make anyone from here a heck of a deal if they want it!)

Back