THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a team list published for this contest? Just curious
Chris,

To my knowledge there isn't anything published but if you want to ask about who is coming, the people at Smoke on the Water BBQ can give you the low down: [FONT=&quot](870) 536-8175 [/FONT]

While it may not actually be the ticket to financial salvation, you are still warmly welcome to come cook with me!

Last edited:
I just heard of a couple more that are coming.. Probably shouldn't post, as I have no clue if they really are.

some real players. I'm just happy to compete against them. Hopefully I can get my picture taken with them... :thumb:

Is there a team list published for this contest? Just curious

Well I would be glad to help drink some beer after the judging. I saw your set up in New Palestine. I guess I should have stopped and introduced myself.

I saw your set up in new pal. You may wanna pit some sort of rack over your pit invade something gets so tender it falls. :idea:

I saw your set up in new pal. You may wanna pit some sort of rack over your pit invade something gets so tender it falls. :idea:

So far the only things I recall truly making a run for it by sliding sideways off the spit were 1) marshmallows 2) eggplant (which I caught just in time) 3) bread dough stuck straight on the spit 4) chorizo (kesplat almost the moment I stuck it over the fire--a mess).

When I did the 18-pound tuna, I pulled it before it was completely cooked because it also seemed to have serious intentions of making a break for it. In general, however, it hasn't been a problem. If I ever start having meat falling from the sky, I may have to revisit it, though. Maybe add a trapeze/high wire act net?

Well I would be glad to help drink some beer after the judging. I saw your set up in New Palestine. I guess I should have stopped and introduced myself.
Sounds good, I look forward to meeting you there.

I discovered the perfect beer for this competition just in time: a Smoky Porter called ...Smoke on the Water. It's pretty tasty, too.

And right after judging, nothing like a chewy beer to help you through your food coma! (I'll have lighter options, too.)

Bob showed me an Auspit, you sent him, and I'd really love to play around with one sometime. I think it would be a perfect fit for those of us with the La Caja China! What better way to utilize all those briquettes!
You could showcase it in a variety of setups, say a kettle or WSM with a Cajun Bandit rotis ring, a La Caja China, or even a cinder block open pit.

Have a great time!

Sounds like you guys got a break. Don & Robyn's (Steel Smokin Bbq) RV took a sh!t. Just upped the odds foreveryone else!! They've been kickin some serios a$$ this summer!!

Bob showed me an Auspit, you sent him, and I'd really love to play around with one sometime. I think it would be a perfect fit for those of us with the La Caja China! What better way to utilize all those briquettes!
You could showcase it in a variety of setups, say a kettle or WSM with a Cajun Bandit rotis ring, a La Caja China, or even a cinder block open pit.

No hablo Caja China. :noidea: I'm not sure what a Bandit is either. You'll have to give me the lowdown when I am out there later this summer. Will you be competing in Yakima? I am planning on hanging out with the ROL guys and competing there around then. We'd have plenty of time to try and strap an Auspit onto whatever you've got. We actually have a couple adapters for them but I don't have them on the web yet. One might work for you, though.

--JR

No hablo Caja China. :noidea: I'm not sure what a Bandit is either. You'll have to give me the lowdown when I am out there later this summer. Will you be competing in Yakima? I am planning on hanging out with the ROL guys and competing there around then. We'd have plenty of time to try and strap an Auspit onto whatever you've got. We actually have a couple adapters for them but I don't have them on the web yet. One might work for you, though.

--JR

http://www.lacajachina.com/category_s/1.htm

WSM/Kettle rotisserie ring
http://shop.cajunbandit.com/product.sc?productId=12&categoryId=3

Consider a WSM or kettle for brisket, you could possibly spit cook a boneless butt using a rotis ring over the beef.

It was really interesting to see your rotisserie this past weekend. Interesting concept for sure. Nice meeting you. Michigan was a whole lotta fun for sure!!

Back