THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

comfrank

Knows what a fatty is.
I have a Bar-B-Chef grill from Barbecues Galore--it's the same one that appeared on an Alton Brown episode, and I dearly love it. I've had it for 5 years. It has four 19" by 8" (approx) cast iron grates for the cooking surface. A few days ago, one of the rungs on one of the cast iron grates, broke! Yes, snapped clean through.

I called Barbecues Galore for a replacement, but they would not sell me an individual grate unless it was stainless steel (which I don't want). They would sell me a four-pack of cast iron grates, though..for a hundred and eighty farking dollars! And I don't need *four* grates, just the one. Try as I might, I could not talk them into splitting up a four-pack to sell me a single grate.

So...I'm looking for an alternative source. I did a bit of internet searching but couldn't find anything. Anyone have any ideas or resources?

Thanks,
--frank in Wilson, NY

Back