THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OUGrad05

Got rid of the matchlight.
So I've found a local deal on a BKK 4000 with a lot of goodies. I've been looking at smokers/grills for awhile. This was on my list along with the BGE. This has some of the accessories I wanted anyway and all in, it's about half what it would cost me to go buy it new. I looked at them today they are in good to excellent shape (just used obviously).

I really want something to help supplement my Weber Genesis B that I bought 8 years ago. It's a great grill but doesn't quite get hot enough to get a great sear on a steak. Additionally cooking low and slow can be a bit tough due to sensitivity to wind knocking out the flames.

It's important to note I do plan to KEEP this weber grill! It gives me a lot of space and is great a grilling burgers, veggies, etc and will complement whatever I buy next.

I really want something that allows me to cook really hot, or slow cook or anything in between with wood/charcoal. Additionally these Kamado style grills seem to be well insulated and that allows for more options in the winter time when my Weber really struggles to get above 475 unless you want to wait a LONG time.

I really do like this Kamado style, but in the back of my mind I worry about the once or twice a year when I will need more space? I think I can improvise in those rare instances and simply use both grills or the stacked option in the Broil King Keg 4000.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or recommendations for someone who's already good at grilling but wants to add that extra bit of pop to the grill and also begin to slow cook fish, ribs, roasts etc...

mods, I think this is the right spot, I've been lurking awhile, if not feel free to move this thread!

If you found a good deal, I would go for it. I have BGE's, Webers, and a Bubba Keg grill (predecessor to the broil king). The bubba keg is the most efficient of the 3, and its a fantastic smoker/grill. The fact that it can go on a tralier hitch just amps the coolness up.

If you found a good deal, I would go for it. I have BGE's, Webers, and a Bubba Keg grill (predecessor to the broil king). The bubba keg is the most efficient of the 3, and its a fantastic smoker/grill. The fact that it can go on a tralier hitch just amps the coolness up.

Thank you for the reply.

Back