Hello from Tucson - New owner of a 'Bubba Keg' Craigslist deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcs914

Found some matches.
Hi All!

So I've been looking for a Weber gasser for the last couple months, waiting to find the right deal from CL, which hasn't happened yet.

A couple days ago I happened to see this ad:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/for/3000511334.html

for a Bubba Keg for $195. I checked it out last evening, and managed to get it with all the parts and pieces for $170!

I've always wanted a Kamado style smoker/grill but pretty much figured that I wasn't going to ever spend the money on one. At this price I really can not complain!

There is however a downside to this - my wife was, how shall we say, "less than pleased" with my acquiring another charcoal grill when all I've been yapping about lately was getting a gas grill. So my Weber kettle may for the time being have to go live somewhere else. From what I've been reading, it sounds like I may not miss it!

The previous owner had bought it at Home Depot, I am assuming when they were being cleared out. They were moving, so he decided to get rid of it. His wife told him he should turn it into a beverage cooler :-D He only used it as a grill, and never smoked on it. The gasket looks like it might be in rough shape, but otherwise it is pretty much perfect - just dirty.

I'm really looking forward to figuring out low 'n slow and plopping a butt down on that grate for 12 hours! Yeah, I should probably start with something a bit quicker, but I've been grilling on my Weber kettle for years, so I want to try something new.

This place seems to be an AWESOME resource, and I can't wait to jump in with both feet.

Chris

Hide the kettle in the back of the shed or something. Don't get rid of it or you'll be sorry. You'll be lucky to get $50 for it anyway!

Have fun with the Bubba Keg I hear they're great cookers. Welcome aboard!

Howdy from up north (Buckeye) If you don't know about BBQ Island, it is at Warner and I-10 across from Ikea, it is billed as the largest BBQ store west of the Rockies.

Welcome from Indiana!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welcome to a GREAT Forum. This place rocks. Please don't get rid of the Weber. The more you BBQ, the more you will realize they do somethings really well that you Keg just can't do.

Welcome, Chris! I love my Bubba Keg, too. Lots of folks here give away there gassers once they have a smoker. You can grill on it, no problem. The Keg can get you steady temps in excess of 700*, so don't sweat it. Glad you're here!! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back