Hello from the UK!

Daederik

Hi all,

So I was born and lived in Detroit for the most part, but moved out to County Durham in the North East of England about 7 years ago and got married.

Some of the differences in meat are interesting. Chicken is chicken (which is expensive...), People looked at me a bit daft when I was trying to tell them I wanted a bone-in pork shoulder ("Crop of pork"), and I haven't even messed with beef yet because of the £££.

As those of us out here will tell you, our Summers are pretty much limited to a random weekend or two, so I haven't had a chance to BBQ as much as I've wanted, but this year I'm intending on doing it more. And, you guys are going to help :)

I tend to rely on making pulled pork out here. I lived in North Carolina for a bit, so I tend to lean on Western Carolina style. Their sauce hasn't really picked up any steam yet, but I like it :). I've started smoking chicken, and going to dabble with some pork belly too I think.

Currently running a Weber Kettle, and just picked up one of the Smokenators to go with it. Was running the Snake Method previously, which worked incredibly well - just trying something new.

A couple of pics of what we care about - the meat! One of them is an older one of a butt on the grill, and the other is a deboned/rolled that I made this past weekend (Skin still on. Easy enough to remove when it was cooked).

looking forward to a nice Summer with you guys. Cheers!

Attachments

• Pork_Grill.jpg
    Pork_Grill.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Rolled_Pork_o.jpg
    Rolled_Pork_o.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 22
Happy to have you onboard. I wish that the cuts and prices were just as available for you over there as they are here. Post what you can, when you can and make yourself at home.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az. Sweet looking cook.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back